Yard Projects 2012

| 0 Comments

The last two weekends, I have worked on some yard landscaping projects. Below is where I am at so far, which is most of the construction is done and the earth moving will begin soon.
The first project was to expand our parking area garden area to include a larger hosta garden and also other plants, this frame takes in the oak tree which is a bad mowing area anyhow.


The next area was where our new septic tank sits in the yard, with it's 3 covers having to be a part of the yard landscape, we decided to move our old buckboard sleigh, and put it up on a frame. The area underneath it will be filled with rock or mulch. The area with in the rocks will be a home for more plants, mostly perennials and some shrubbery.

This photo gives you an idea of where it is in the yard, in relation to the corn crib gazebo. next to the little donkey is the beginning of a wall, and also an outside outlet.

The below photo is a wall I have constructed out of 26- 4 x 6 treated timbers. The goal here is to remove the sod with a sod cutter, than fill in sand and black dirt and also cut down the hillside close to the deck, and basically make this area fairly level for future family get together's and also events.

This will make for a nice outdoor seating area under the huge old oak tree, just off the deck in the cool grass, I left my posts for the walls higher in case I need to raise the wall another row of timbers, which may only be 4 x 4 pieces, but I want to wait and see how the fill process goes first.

The SW corner of this wall by the electric pole, has a couple of little areas that will be planted into other shrubs, maybe even some of those by our deck will be moved down there.

This is basically two days of work for me, as I started one evening and finished everything today, now when my father-in-laws loader shows up I can start moving dirt!