Week 4 progress and lots of sales calls!

| 1 comment

Well, I have concluded week 4 of the new job and in a short month, I have logged just over 4000 miles on the new van.

It is more than I anticipated but with going to training and numerous day trips down and back to St Cloud, and lots of calls. It is expected, and I have been to about 2/3 of my customer locations and this next week I will hit another 10 or so, and it will be good knowing I have contacted many of them in person.

I spent the last two days with my new boss, riding with me. it was a little nerve racking but all in all it was a great two days. He offered words of advice and was pleased with my ability to call on people I don't know and strike up conversations and also listen to what they are telling me.

His knowledge of tools and fasteners is impressive and I know that will come in time to me also. But he is very organized and time is valuable, and we need to make the best use of it, are some of the principals important to him.

I had a number of good meetings with some of my customers on larger purchases for upcoming expansion and also some sizable opportunities with new business development, that will be coming up. I look forward to a very busy spring and summer!

One Comment

  1. Cool, sounds like things are humming along :) congrats!