Progress on the Landscaping projects!

| 2 Comments

Well, work on the landscape project continued this last Saturday and Sunday, I was informed the skid steer loader would arrive By late Saturday or early Sunday. So it was time to rent this little sod cutter  and start the sod cutting process.

You can see below it cut about a 16 inch wide strip of sod, in each pass, about 2 inches thick. I of course had to cut the length where I wanted it. 

Sunday morning, I began rolling things up so my grass would not dry out to much while I brought in my fill and black dirt and leveled the area behind the wall. Here you can see the rolls
stacked out of the way.

I also had to dig out the sod in some extra area's and to move the shrubs we had next to the deck. Which is what you see below.

This picture is about 8:00 pm Sunday night the fill is back behind the wall the area, I started with sand, and then put about 4-5 inches of black dirt and over the top and of course leveled off and prepped for the sod go to back down on it. Which you can see below, about 1/2 of the new level area is sodded with what I rolled up in this area. I used the sod cutter to cut another large area of sod in the pasture, which is where the rest of the sod will come from, it isn't rolled up yet, but there will plenty to cover the remaining area.

So we started the watering of what we have done so far, and I will hopefully get the rest done on Monday night. 
Below you can see the new home for the shrubs, on both sides of the power pole.

Below is the smaller landscape area, I built, filled in and planted with a wide variety of Hosta plants, and the brick red mulch applied.

Needless to say, this was a big part of the weekend, but the vegetable garden and pumpkin patch, are planted also, and I also got the yard pretty much mowed on Saturday also. 
Needless to say it was a busy weekend and I am a little tired and sore!
But progress has it's rewards as you can see!

2 Comments

  1. Wow! Nice job, it looks great!

  2. All I can add is another WOW!!!! Deb