Meet Elvira!

| 2 Comments

Meet Elvira! that is the name Ricki and Crystalie came up with for the newest arrival to Coffee
Lake Farm. Grant (Ricki's husband) brought this down from his parents home at Silver Bay, his Dad has reached an age, where it is not practical for him to being trying to do anything with it.

Grant, basically rebuilt this truck as a plow truck for their place when he lived at home many years ago.
He rebuilt the motor and also put all the front end hardware on it for the plow. It is a 1980 Ford 3/4 ton truck, with an 8 bolt wheel pattern and some pretty heavy duty tires on it.

You can see the body is rusting away on it but it runs good and the plow controls all work really well, so now all I need is some snow to play with it a little bit. Grant and I plan to remove the pickup box from the frame and just put a wood flatbed on it. Then I can use it for hauling some wood or even round bales from my hay supplier. It has a hitch on it also so I can use it to pull my trailer behind it, which will make sure it gets run every so often! 

Above is my woodpile, which is hardly being used this winter so far as we have experienced some very mild weather lately. We had like 55 degrees here on Thursday, Jan 5th! That is fine with me, and I will be working on adding on to it yet this winter as there are some trees that will need to be removed.  

2 Comments

  1. Oom-papa-Oom-papa-mau -mau!!

  2. Oh no! Now I have the song stuck in my head! LOL