Road trip for Firewood!

| 0 Comments

Well, Smarkle and I headed over to my daughter Jennifer's home, this morning to help her and Matias clean up some dead trees in their yard.

I got over there about 10:30 am, and Smarkle got out and played with Joya, their dog and then I started cutting up the trees and Jennifer and Matias, loaded the wood into my trailer. We spent a little over an hour cutting up 4 different trees and I had a nice full trailer load of pine and popple pieces.

Jennifer prepared a sandwich for some lunch, and we had a nice visit. In the meantime the dogs began to settle down some, and were getting tired out. Thanks for the wood and help, Jennifer and Matias!

I headed back home and then proceeded to unload the pile and do some wood stove maintenance. Which included cleaning out the ashes, checking the blower fan, and cleaning out the air tube that goes into the bottom of the firebox. I also cleaned out the flues in the top of the stove to allow the best transfer of the heat to the water around them.

The woodpile looks really good again, as I have more wood now than I did two weeks ago. It helps to keep working on the woodpile, while there is no snow on the ground here. It maybe a brown Christmas in Northern Minnesota as the forecast isn't calling for any snowstorms that I know of yet!