Cleaning my shop!

| 0 Comments

Okay, we all know how when you are busy doing things, you tend to just set things where it is convenient.

Well I do that a lot sometimes, and after a busy summer of projects like salvaging wood off the old barn, a huge pool deck project, various other building projects. And let's not forget that we constantly have things showing up in our yard from Crystalie's Dad, and his salvaging business. Plus we manage to collect somethings ourselves at garage sales and other shopping excursions.

My 30 by 36 shop, needless to say was basically a pathway between shelf units and shop tools and piles of wood and extra tables (Wooden Nichols stuff) along with a lawn tractor and mower deck.

So I got home a little early and went out to the shop and started moving things around and also sweeping the floor as I went. I reorganized my shelf units and cleared a few shelves facing my
radial arm saw and then proceeded to re-stack all my barn wood and left over deck wood all on the shelves and also the floor right in front of it. After doing that I moved the tables....6 of them and stacked a few of them on top of one another.

Then I proceeded to move the 9 ft flat bottom boat in storage in my shop( another Wooden Nichols item) to the far end and created another row in the shop.

This allowed me to create a space of clear floor about 9' by 20' which means if I had to I could get a car in the shop this winter. But for me I just need a roomy spot to park my lawn tractor with the snowplow on it and also a place to do some wood working when the weather permits.

Next step is to haul the recyclables and the trash to town, which will clean out the corner by the door! And to clean off my work bench and re-organize my tools.

Crystalie was even impressed!