The landing area...

| 2 Comments

Just a short distance form the house, and across the little metal bridge over the creek is my
landing area for all the logs I harvested this weekend. 
Below you can see some of the area I have logs waiting to be cut up, in to pieces that will be
 hauled up close to the wood stove.

The pile below is mostly oak logs, and one birch log, which will be used into
December and January mostly.
The one below here is a bunch of popple logs, softer wood to burn when things are a
little warmer next spring.

This last pile is birch and some oak but has more branches that need to be trimmed off. Most of these logs are 25 feet in length if not longer and you can see they have some serious thickness to them.

All the trees as you can see below are beginning to see signs of disease and rotting from
the inside out. I try to get them before they are completely useless.

I will spent the next two weekends cutting these logs up and hauling them across the bridge up into the yard, next to the wood stove. But at least I have the wood all down and in a place I can easily get to, thanks to the handy skidsteer loader.

I also got my other projects done with the skidsteer and I even went and picked up a
big round hay bale for the animals this evening. Plus I hauled a few loads of the tops of the trees, that I cut up for firewood.

2 Comments

  1. Thank you for working hard to keep us warm this winter!!

  2. WHAT A SEXY MAN.....HARD WORK IS SEXY!!!!!