Firewood cutting time

| 0 Comments

Yes, that is what I am up to this weekend. I spent most of the day cutting, splitting and hauling firewood.

It is the time of year for me to get our winter's supply of firewood put up. The leaves are gone and it is easy to see what I am doing and when I have to move branches, they are lighter.

There are a few things I do enjoy when I am out cutting wood. Watching Smarkle run back and forth while I use the tractor and trailer going to and from my wood cutting spot. I have had a headset to help keep the noise to a minimum, which also has a radio in it and I get to enjoy some music, or a Gopher Football game or the Viking game if I am not in  the house watching it.

Needless to say I also develop a few aches and pains, but I try to minimize those with some Ibuprofen and wearing a back support and also some tennis elbow bands.