It's Splitting day!

| 1 comment


Here you see my chunks of oak awaiting the splitting process.

More of the oak to be split,as you can see I have my work cut out for me today.

Below is the pile of popple log chunks to be split, up into smaller sizes.

Below is the nice splitter I borrowed from my neighbor John across from us on Coffee Lake.
He had offered it for me to use about a year ago, but I had never bothered to ask. Well with the piles above you saw to split and haul, I thought I would ask to use it for a day.

Below is the pile of popple pieces all split, and awaiting to be hauled up close to the wood stove.

Below you see the various piles of oak pieces, all split also. I finished it all, starting about 9:30 this morning, and finished about 4:30 pm, and returned the splitter.

Needless to say it was a long day but it feels good to have it all split, I am still sore from moving the bigger pieces of wood around to the splitter, but it is done!

Next step, is to use my lawn tractor and trailer to move it up by the stove and stack it.

That is Saturday and Sunday's work this weekend!

One Comment

  1. Oof dah, Rory!!! Nice job. :)