Open water and yard work!

| 1 comment

See that open blue looking water on the far shoreline, that is open water finally! By dark the ice was about 60% gone on Coffee Lake! I got home this afternoon and went right outside to start some yard work, removing my snowplow and weights from the lawn tractor, and hooked up the mower deck, with my mulching blades on it. I began cleaning up some of the lawn with the mower deck with the blades chopping up all the leaves and dry grass, I accomplish this by mowing close to the ground, and working it in a clockwise motion so I am re-mulching my debris. I got about 2/3 of the yard done, primarily the bad spots first, and then just some general cleanup.

Yes, I know it is early to mow the grass, but with a lawn that takes almost 3 hours to mow with a 48inch mower deck, I am not about to try raking it all.

The yard looks much greener and a lot cleaner looking, and will start to green up quickly with some more rain. We had a small shower last night but just enough to wet the deck, nothing major. I also cleaned up what was left of my original woodpile, and now have my newest wood all close to the stove. The wood stove requires filling once a day, and usually has wood left in it. So starts the early spring cleanup process, and the ritual of mowing grass. What will tomorrow bring...another Llama to shear maybe...

One Comment

  1. We should do something in our spare time................