Water is going down and Water is on!

| 2 Comments

Okay, as I mentioned in my last Saturday entry, we had gone to Wooden Nichols and discovered the sump pump was no longer working.

So I visited Menards today in Brainerd, picked up a new sump pump, and after arriving home from work, I grabbed a few tools, and with my knee high boots on, I headed back over to the store. After about 20 minutes I had the new pump installed and I turned it on, to start pumping out the 16 inches of water in the basement.

Once I got that going I then worked on priming the actual water pump, which means putting all the drain plugs back in, and hooking up the mini water heater to the pipes, and then getting it primed. The second addition of some water to the pump and it started pumping water, into the pressure tank, and about 40 minutes later the system was full and up to pressure.

Good News! no leaks anywhere at this time, and when I left the sump pump had already dropped the level of water to about 6 inches. When I ran the hot water line in the kitchen the water was already warming up nicely.

So for now the water is going down in the basement and will be gone shortly, and the water is on, meaning Coffee can be made and the cleaning can begin, and the bathroom works! There you go dear!

2 Comments

  1. You rock and I'm keeping you!

  2. Shhhh don't tell anyone the bathroom works, they have to use the porta-potty!