Appliance repair!

| 0 Comments

Appliances, that make things so easy, and a washer is one of them. Ours is about 20 years old and
needless to say, it has had some issues.

The latest one was that it wasn't spinning the best especially with a heavier wash load. When I did my plumbing repairs, I noticed a pile of fine particles under the washer. So I took a look at a parts diagram, for my washer on the companies online parts store. I realized that the fine particles were part of my v belt that runs from the motor to the base and spins the wash tub, and works the agitator.

So I looked up the washer v-belt numbers and wrote them down on a piece of paper and went to a local appliance store and purchased by $22.00 v-belt. It took all of of 5 minutes to put the new one on, and after inspecting the old one, it clearly was much looser on the pulleys and it was much thinner and pretty smooth. All meaning it was probably slipping a lot and when the washer was full, it slipped even more.

Now we will see how it works with the new belt, but there is a chance that other things may not work as well in the near future as it getting up there in years!