NBC blues!

| 2 Comments

Okay, I am going to vent a little here.

On July 17th we had a number of thunderstorms roll through our area and I thought we lost our NBC TV station programming due to some storm related damage.

Well about a week went by and I still could not get a signal for the NBC channel we had which was channel 14. So I began to do some checking to see if they had storm damage, or other issues.
I contacted the company who owns the tower that our NBC signal was transmitted from, and emailed them wondering what was going on!

I got a response the next day and it was bad news, Gannet Media decided not to renew the contract for transmitting their NBC signal off of the tower transmitter. Just a cost cutting move on their part. leaving us with out an off air signal for NBC programing in our area. Bummer.....

I have tried pulling the signal for the Duluth signal for NBC and late at night, I can get it sometimes. But during the day the solar disturbance of the suns rays make it impossible to get a signal during the day. Some of the programming we miss is one of our Fav's "America's Got Talent" "Sunday Night Football" "The Voice" , anyhow it seems I may have to see what kind of signal I can get this fall as the nights grow longer!

Maybe, just one of the good things about our long Minnesota winters!



Categories:

2 Comments

  1. Can you get it on your computer.

  2. Looks like it might be time to get a DISH satellite, you'll love American Pickers, and the new one The Picker Sisters. Get the DVR, you'll never regret it!! Deb