Oscar Nite!

| 0 Comments


Yes, we are movie fans here at Coffee Lake and years ago when our girls were younger we started our own Oscar Tradition, of carefully looking over all the nominees, and casting our own Ballots to see who would take home the coveted Oscar Trophy!
Who would get the most correct winners of last night's Academy Awards Show. I collect all the Ballots and play the role of Ernst and Young...the auditing company.
We do have a trophy, that gets passed around and in the base is a little list of past winners for each year. I don't have a picture of it because my daughter Jennifer has it at her house, she was the winner in 2010. It is gold and has an Oscar like guy on it holding up a gold star.
Well this years contest was very close and we almost had an upset winner, my daughter Raquel, and if I remember right, she has never won, but I think this was the closet she has come to a tie, with 13 right out of 24.
This years Oscar goes to my daughter Jennifer again, who jumped out to an early lead getting 5 of the first 6 right and ending up with 14 of 24 correct!
Congratulations to Jennifer, (she seems to win about half the time) but I know she does her research, and then gets lucky also sometimes. So our Oscar will stay with Jennifer one more year....Wait till next year though!
The move of going with Social Network over The Kings Speech, for best picture almost cost her an outright win though!
Better luck next year to all the losers! including me...