Day Off--What did I work on?

| 1 comment

Monday the 28th and a Vacation Day...Last day of February, and it was a nice day not real warm, mid 20's but it was sunny all day.

I spent the day making some wood beads for Crystalie, which I have done in the past, and her supply was pretty much gone. I took some birch sticks and sliced them thin with the radial saw, and the I use my little drill press and drill a hole roughly in the center.

These vary in size and thickness, and she uses for making rustic garland with fabric scraps and the wood beads. The first picture is of the Birch Beads. These will sit in the coffee containers with holes in the bottom in our heat supply cupboard on a wire rack where they will continue to dry out, the dry heat from our hot water heat, will suck all the moisture out of them to keep them from getting mold spots on them.




The secong batch of beads is made again from young birch shoots that are growing along the waters edge, and I cut those last summer. These were nice dry sticks, and as you can see I cut these about 2 inces long, and drill a hole roughly in the center. These too are used for rustic garland, and ornamental pieces on other things, just like the birch beads. That is one of those big pretzel jars, it holds about 2 of the coffee containers.




Just one of the many little things I do for stuff at Wooden Nichols, in fact I was working on my list of things to do for the store but it is too long to type out here. I will post the items when I complete them, I don't need everyone knowing how long my list is!

I also split and stacked some of my logs which I cut up yesterday during the day.

One Comment

  1. so sexy...a man with a long list! It just makes me want to add stuff to it!!! hahahaha