Birdhouses

| 4 Comments


Well here is a look at what I have been working on in the shop.


As you can see I am using recycled red painted barn wood, and the sides and base are some wider gray boards from the barn.


The recycled license plates come from Crystalie's Dad, some of his auction and scrap finds. Along with reusing the turn knobs from water faucets, that her dad also collected when he sorts for brass and aluminum.


The birch branch trees are from the trees I cut a week ago, and as you can see I try to make the best of everything we have. It takes about 20 minutes or so to put one together, using my brad nailer and my variable speed dewalt drill-screw gun.


The bases can be removed on them to clean them out, so if they do become the lucky home for some chickadees or finches or maybe even some tree swallows or bluebirds, they can be maintained.


Their first home will be on display for sale at Wooden Nichols starting on April 28th!

4 Comments

  1. I absolutely love these!! What a great idea for the license plates. Bravo Dad!

  2. good job darlin....the pile for WN is growing!!

  3. The birdhouses are so cute....they will probably sell like hotcakes at the Wooden Nickol...do they ship well? I think I could use one down here in Kansas.

  4. Very cute! My birthday is in July ;)