Friday March 4th

| 0 Comments

Musings, of a long winter....
Yes it seems like we have had snow for months on end, but really only 5 so far...and yes there is more to come based on what the weatherman is forecasting for the next week.


The temperatures haven't given us any thoughts of Spring yet, as the lows have been around 10 above...and the highs haven't even reached above freezing this last week.


Which probably means that when it does warm up, it will be fast and we will be besieged with news of lots of flooding, which is not good for our fellow Minnesotans, or North Dakota friends. If you live in a place that has a potential to flood, I can not comprehend how you deal with the impending threat of flooding.


The sun shines longer each day and as I drove home from Grand Rapids, I noticed even at 7:00pm there were traces of light blue on the western horizon, the last glimmers of the sun setting. In Minnesota, depending upon where you live the horizon is not always that far away, meaning the trees maybe out your back window, not allowing you to see the sun dipping below the curve of the earth. One of the things I always love about North Dakota, was that you could see the sun slowly go down over the horizon, as it paints the sky with the most beautiful picture.
At Coffee Lake Farm, we have a fairly open area, and we see such sunsets, almost all year around, one of things I love. The picture above was last summer, but it gives you an idea of the horizon we see.
The weekend is here and I will be outside, working on some projects in my shop, even though it is cold out, I am hoping that I can at least start on my long project list.