Collections and conversations!

| 3 Comments


Today was back to work and I spent some time on the road, travelling to Walker and Longville and Emily. I am trying to figure out ways to cover the area I need to cover for the Lake Country Journal. So I am trying to break it into ciricular trips that allow me to see potential and existing advertising clients. Today's trip is a good route that allows me to see a significant market area, without two many extra miles.


I had interesting conversations with about 6 different places, and others I picked up a business card and introduced myself. I like getting to know people and their business, and the only way to do that is to meet them.

In a time when email and the phone already occupy our time so much, people do enjoy talking to people, and it gives me an idea on how they conduct their business. Which can tell me a lot about how good of a client they can be, and how I can help them find their audience for their goods and services.


But, Crystalie, had an interesting day also today... she visited one of her customers home, at her invitation to see a collection of Santa's she has, and she loved displaying them in her home close to Hanging Kettle Lake.

Well Crystalie was surprised to see over 700 plus Santa's on display throughout her large house. I know 700 plus..maybe even close to 1000 is what the lady thought she might have.
I can only how much time it takes to unpack them all and then to repack them after the holiday season, and then find a place to store them all! I guess I should not even think of complaining or bragging about the trailer load of stuff I bring into our house every holiday season...it could be more!
Crystalie enjoyed the visit a lot and was totally amazed by the collection, but even stated she did not see one Santa like the 50 plus she owns.
Tell me about one of your collections...
We have more to share also but that is another post!

3 Comments

  1. I seem to be collecting a lot of craft supplies lately, and dirty dishes are always turning up in large collections. On a serious note, I don't officially collect much because it seems like my interests change on a regular basis. I'm learning to cherish certain pieces but whole collections, not so much.

  2. I am a horrible collector because I like to throw things away. I just do not like clutter. However, I have collected elephants as you know, and yes I still have some, but my collection has dwindled down to the favorites.
    I do admire Crystalie's collections every time I visit though :)

  3. I seem to collect things from Wooden Nichols. I like my snow flake stained glass collection this time of year. They are currently on my dining room table as I figure where and how I should hang them in our new house. Oh, and I seem to be collecting "dog chew" things as there are many all over the carpet all the time. I like that because it means we have a puppy living with us!