He Cooks too!

| 5 Comments




Saturday, at home nice sunshine and cold...about -5 this morning, but not a lot of wind.

Making it tolerable outside for some chores and also plowing some snow, making the driveway wider. I spent some time cleaning the wood stove out, removing the ash in the bottom and getting the clinkers out also.

I also cleaned out my hay hauling trailer, as it had quite a bit of snow and ice in it, and also some scraps of hay. Then I worked on moving some snow back along the driveway closer to the house.
But before all of that, I had told Crystalie, I would make some stew so I took out a venison roast, last night and let it thaw out over night. My recipe for stew is as follows...
1.5 lbs Venison cubed rolled and flour and browned in frying pan
1 can mushroom soup, plus 1 can of water
1 can of mushroom parts
1 bottle of beer
3 tablespoons of Italian seasoning
1/2 medium size onion diced
3 tablespoons of barbecue sauce
2 teaspoons of worchester sauce
1.5 cups of carrots chunks
7 med size potato's peeled and chunked
1 tablespoon of hot sauce

All of this mixed, into crockpot, and then simmered for 6-7 hours on medium..thicken if you need to with corn starch mixture
Also made dinner roll dough in bread machine, shape into buns in let rise, and then in the oven for 25 -30 minutes!
So supper is still cooking and the buns are in the oven, and watching some playoff football on the TV. I do enjoy cooking, when I can and I also enjoying grilling a lot.










5 Comments

  1. SHE likes it too!!! Smells great in this house (Oh, sorry about that one bun missing from the corner :) )

  2. I can almost smell it from here! Looks great :)

  3. Looks great! What is a clinker??

  4. It is like a piece of slag kind of stuff, that forms in the fire box. more common in coal stoves, but I get some in the woodstove...

  5. Hi, i made a coppy of your venison stew and I'm going to try it ,it looks good.