Special gifts...for family

| 3 Comments


Above is a print that was hand painted by a Plien Air artist, of our Barn and the tire swing in front of it. We made copies of it and then I made frames for them all with the wood from the original barn, which no longer stands.
For Christmas, we decided that all the kids should get one, and my younger brother Neal and his wife Claudia as they have spent a lot of time here at times.
It is a gift to remind them of the way things were as they grew up, I don't know how many times all the kids and grand kids, nieces and nephews, have had rides on the tire swing which still hangs from the huge oak tree but it now has no barn behind it.

I have replaced the tire once but the rope (nylon) is the same and it has been up since the beginning of Crystalie's and my relationship as boyfriend and girlfriend, and of course the last 15 years as man and wife!
Memories, or reminders of them can be worth so much more!

What is one of your favorite old things and why?








3 Comments

  1. man and wife? I'm sure you mean woman and husband....just sayin, At any rate the barn lives on and this is good.

  2. I was going to ask what the "special gift" was after I read something on Ricki's wall. Very cool! And I am sure you both meant as "legally bonded equals"
    Bahahahahaaaaa!

  3. I miss the old barn standing....and I came so close to choosing the "falling" date! It is a great picture and brings back memories of the children enjoy a great swing! I wish they were young again...sometimes.